FIND ANSWERS TO
Maxigesic provides temporary relief for a wide range of pain including:
• Migraine headache
• Tension headache
• Muscular pain
• Back pain
• Period Pain
• Rheumatic pain
• Pain from dental procedures
• Aches and pain associated with cold and flu
• Sinus pain
• Sore throat
• Tennis elbow
Maxigesic also reduces fever, the discomfort associated with fever, and inflammation
Maxigesic PE is for the temporary relief of cold and flu symptoms including:
• Body aches & pains
• Fever & inflammation
• Headache & sore throat
Maxigesic contains 500mg paracetamol and 150mg ibuprofen for the temporary relief of pain and the reduction of fever and inflammation.
Maxigesic PE contains 500mg paracetamol, 150mg ibuprofen and 2.5mg phenylephrine for the temporary relief of cold and flu symptoms including headache, fever, pain and nasal congestion.
Maxigesic and Maxigesic PE are available from all good pharmacies and supermarkets in New Zealand.
No, there is no codeine in Maxigesic nor Maxigesic PE. Codeine is often used to amplify the effect of pain relief in other combination pain relief products, but as a member of the opiate family it has the potential for misuse. Health authorities around the world have expressed concerns about this issue, and so we formulated Maxigesic and Maxigesic PE without codeine.
- Take 1–2 tablets with a large glass of water.
- Repeat the dose every 4–6 hours, as required, up to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.
- Do not use for more than 72 hours except on the advice of your doctor.
- Maxigesic or Maxigesic PE should not be combined with any other Paracetamol or Ibuprofen containing medicines.
Maxigesic and Maxigesic PE is NOT recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Do not take Maxigesic or Maxigesic PE for more than 72 hours for adults or more than 48 hours for adolescents aged between 12–18 years.